For the convenience of Burlington residents, our Constituency Office provides a number of services, including:

    • Information on government legislation and policy
    • Assistance with provincial government matters
    • Provincial pins for special occasions
    • Greetings and commemorative certificates for special birthdays and anniversaries
    • Applications for provincial programs
    • Power of Attorney kits
    • Assistance with replacing or renewing driver’s licenses, health cards and birth certificates
    • Commissioner of Oaths

If there is a provincial government matter you require assistance with or information about, we are here to help. If your concern is not a provincial issue, we can help direct you to the service you need. A range of helpful links are found at right.

Frequently Asked

How do I obtain a new or replacement birth certificate in the event of an emergency?

Our Constituency Office can help in expediting a new or replacement birth certificate needed urgently for reasons such as travel or employment. (The office of the Registrar General requires proof of urgency such as plane tickets or hotel reservations.) Click here for the online Birth Certificate Application Form. Regular processing times for birth certificates are approximately 6-8 weeks but may take longer. Each person’s request is unique, but we can help. Please call the Constituency Office at 905-639-7924.

Where can I renew or replace my OHIP card?

Click here for a fact sheet on replacing OHIP cards or to locate your nearest OHIP office.

How can I obtain Power of Attorney forms?

You can find an online Power of Attorney kit on the website for Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Click here for more information. You may also contact the Constituency Office at 905-639-7924 and we’ll gladly mail the desired forms.

Where can I find information on the Trillium Drug Program?

Click here to access information on the Trillium Drug Program, as well as an application form.

How do I apply to become a Legislative Page?

The Legislative Page program is available to Grade 7 and 8 students who have achieved success in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Pages participate in the legislative process, act as messengers in the Legislative Chamber, meet with politicians and officials, learn how laws are made and how the Province of Ontario is governed. For further information on the Page program and how to apply to become a page, click here.

How do I book a school tour of the Ontario Legislature?

The Legislative Assembly of Ontario offers a number of tours, all of which offer an unforgettable look into Ontario's history and legislative process inside one of Ontario's most significant heritage buildings. The Reservations Desk is open from 8:30-10:30am and from 2:30-4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Call Interparliamentary and Public Relations at 416-325-7500 and ask for “Bookings” (collect calls are accepted). Tour requests may also be sent by fax to 416-325-7489. Please visit the School Tours section of the Ontario Legislature website for more information.

How do I book an individual, family or small group tour of the Ontario Legislature?

Our Constituency Office would be pleased to provide more information for anyone planning to visit Queen’s Park. Half-hour public tours are free of charge and do not require a reservation; organized groups visiting the Legislative Assembly of Ontario can also reserve a guided tour. Availability of tours varies depending on the time and day you visit. Call 905-639-7924 or email for more information.

Where can I find information about the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)?

OSAP is a financial aid program designed to provide loans, grants and scholarships to Ontario post-secondary students. If you wish to learn more, please visit the official OSAP website.

How can I get special occasion scrolls for important birthdays, anniversaries or other significant events?

If you or someone you know will soon be celebrating a special birthday or anniversary or commemorating a special event, you can request special greetings. Our Constituency Office can make arrangements for special certificates from MPP Jane McKenna and from the Prime Minister, Governor General, Premier, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, the Mayor of Burlington, and from Her Majesty, the Queen. Recipient and requestor must live in Burlington; eligibility criteria will differ by request. For additional details, contact the Constituency Office at 905-639-7924.

Click here for a printable application form. Once you have completed the form, fax it to 905-639-3284, scan and email it to or mail it to us care of our Constituency Office and we will forward it to appropriate parties. Processing times may vary, so please submit your request as early as possible.